If you are looking for a quick and easy appetizer that will be a big hit with everyone, you need to try this White Bean Dip with Pita Chips.
If you like hummus and garlic, you’ll like this recipe. It doesn’t taste like hummus, most people compare it to hummus when asking what is in it.
You can also serve this with tortilla chips if you don’t want to take the time to make the pita chips….but they really are worth it and will impress your friends much more than if you show up with store bought chips and a carton of dip.
- 4 pitas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 15 ounces cannellini or Great Northern beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from approximately 1/2 lemon)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Separate each pita into 2 sides by carefully slitting it around the edges with a knife and then pulling it apart. Cut each pita half into 8 wedges and arrange over a large baking sheet.
- Brush the pita wedges with 2 tablespoons of the oil, then sprinkle with the oregano and 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of pepper.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then turn wedges over and bake until they are crisp and golden, about 8 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a food processor, combine the beans, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pulse on and off until the mixture is coarsely chopped.
- With the machine running, stream in about 1/3 cup of olive oil until the mixture is creamy.
- Refrigerator dip until chilled. Serve with warm or room temp pita crisps.
I love Pinterest, Facebook and Google+ shares!
SEE MY MOST POPULAR RECIPES:
- Easy Dessert Recipe ~ Pan Style Cinnamon Roll Cake
- Easy Chicken Recipe ~ Balsamic Baked Chicken
- Quick & Easy ~ Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Want nutritional information?
Click on the + sign in the recipe card below for complete nutritional information.