Do you like Vidalia sweet onions?
Even so, I was surprised when this recipe received all 5 star reviews when I posted it awhile ago on another recipe website that I know longer use. I’m moving my most popular recipes from that website here. Which means I’m overdue for sharing this Vidalia Onion recipe.
Many years ago, I worked at a company and the owner discovered Vidalia Onions before they were carried in most grocery stores. He loved them and started sending a 5 pound box to every employee, directly from the farm, every year.
One year, the box came with a recipe pamphlet that included this recipe. I tried it. Wow was I impressed.
If you give it a try, I hope you’ll leave a review in the comments below.
Honey Roasted Vidalia Onions:
If you like easy side dishes the way I do, give this a try the next time you need to preheat the oven for dinner.
- 2 large Vidalia onions
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel onions and cut in half crosswise.
- Place onions, cut sides down, in an 8 inch square baking dish, drizzle with water. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Combine honey and remaining ingredients.
- Turn onions over. Brush half of the honey mixture over the onions.
- Bake, uncovered, an additional 30 minutes or until tender, basting with remaining honey mixture after 15 minutes.
Let me know what you think below in the comments!