If you like spinach and artichokes and cheese, you will love this easy dip.
I originally posted this recipe on Food.com, and it has all 5 star reviews. And it is always a huge hit when you it is served at any event.
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed (do not drain)
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded (or other mild white cheese)
- 3 ounces asiago cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Microwave the spinach for 4-5 minutes until completely thawed but do not drain liquid.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook onion and garlic in oil. Stir frequently until translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in spinach, artichoke hearts, cheeses and pepper. Stir constantly until cheeses melt.
- To keep warm, transfer to oven safe serving dish and place in 250 degree oven until ready to serve.
Serve warm with raw vegetables or tortilla chips.
I love Pinterest and Facebook shares!