Oven Roasted Boneless Turkey
- 1.5 lbs boneless/skinless turkey (breasts or tenderloin)
- 1 tablespoon oil (I used corn oil)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon whole thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon minced onion
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a glass baking dish that is just big enough for your turkey, place the turkey in one layer without pieces touching. Score the turkey across the top by using a sharp knife to cut parallel slices about 1 inch apart, with the cut going about 1/2 to 1 inch deep.
- Drizzle the oil over the turkey.
- Sprinkle the remaining ingredients over the top of the turkey. Feel free to switch from dried to fresh (or vice versa), keeping in mind you need about 2-3 times more if an item is fresh. Fresh herbs should be finely chopped or minced. If can also change the herbs if you are missing something or have a favorite I didn’t use.
- Once the oven has preheated, cook the turkey, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes. To confirm the turkey is fully cooked, use a meat thermometer or cut into the thickest park of the turkey and press down with the flat side of the knife. If the juice is clear, the turkey is finished. If it is pink, cook for another 5 minutes and repeat with a new freshly cut spot.
To serve, either cut slices that are 1-2 inches thick or cut each breast in half.
Add your pictures of the recipe!
In your comment text below, paste the code below and substitute the URL with the image address of your photo. And don’t forget to remove the space after the =.
<img src= “URL”/>